Thursday, April 14, 2011

For Yoda...RIP my friend.


''I'll lend you for a little time a dog of mine'' he said


For you to love while he lives and mourn for when he's dead


It may be six or seven yeas or maybe more than these, but will you, till I call him


back, take care of him for me ?


He'll bring his charm to gladden you, and should his stay be brief, you will have his


memories as solace for his grief.


I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return, but there are lessons taught


down here that I want Yoda to learn.


I've looked the wide world over in my search for teachers true, and from the throngs


that crown life's lanes I have selected you.


Now when you give him all your love, don't think it's all in vain, or hate me when I


come to call to take him back again ?


I fancy that I heard you say 'dear Lord thy will be done' for all the joy that Yoda shall


bring, and the risks that we might run.


We'll shelter him with tenderness and love him while we may, and for the happiness


we'll know, forever grateful stay.


And when the angels call for him we'll brave the bitter grief, but know that deep within our hearts he will only feel relief.












No comments: